Friday, October 8, 2010

Blogging Thanks

I wasn't sure what blogging was all about at first and, to be honest, I'm still confused on several levels.  Nevertheless, I am enjoying the writing, the sharing, and, especially, the comments.  If I had to pick one thing that I like best about blogging, however, it would have to be getting to know the wonderful women behind the blogs I've been reading.  I have found you all to be nothing less than completely encouraging, supportive, empathetic, caring, kind, intelligent, humorous, clever, open and honest.  Your blogs range from teaching a 'how-to' and sharing your joys of reading or crafting to wanting to make sure others feel good about themselves inside and out or sharing a fun/difficult/frustrating/miraculous day/event/journey in ways that inspire motivation, thought, laughter...I thought that I would find some sort of release in the writing of a blog and maybe some direction in figuring out how to live in this empty nest of ours.  And, to some extent, it really has helped.  But I have found so much more than that.  I never realized that I would be filling some of the empty nest hours with such amazing women as y'all.   

So, on this TGIF, I wanted to take a minute and be thankful for all of you!  Thank you for the from-the-gut laughter; the clever crafting ideas; the telling and showing of your 'how-to's'; the heartfelt sharing of your experiences and memories; your wonderful photographs; your amazing ideas; your encouragement and motivation to help others improve themselves; your honest reviews; your willingness to put yourselves out there; your inspirational thoughts; your encouragement and your support.  Thank you all!

Please take a minute and check out the list of blogs I read (and the buttons).  I'm certain it will be worth the time- it certainly has been for me!

8 comments:

  1. That was such a sweet post. I am a recent empty nester, so we should start a club! It was really hard for me. However, because of that I started blogging and I too have met the most wonderful women! So now I can add you to that list!!

    Another follower from the #monkeytribe! ~Lisa

    I am all a twitter about life

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging has for sure opened up a whole new adventure in my life. An adventure, if I let it, that can take a whole day or week or more to explore...all at one time. I hate that I have to work, clean, do the laundry, take care of kids, be places when sometimes I just want to be on this adventure of mine.
    I have so enjoyed meeting new people, learning all kinds of new things, reading about others and what they are going though, the ups and downs so much like my own (and to think at one time I was sure I was the only one on this planted that had this or that problem).
    I am so glad that I have met you, gotten to know you a bit and can't wait to get to know you more. Thank you for listing both my blogs in something worth while reading. That tickled me pink, purple and blue!!!
    I hope that you have the most blessed day today and a weekend that tops them all. Take care my new friend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad you're enjoying it...hope to read lots more from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! You know, we really should start an empty nest club!

    ReplyDelete
  5. what a wonderful post. I too just love interacting with others online. You'll be amazed at the friendships you make. Welcome to blogging.
    thanks for commenting on my little guys' Lullaby song. I really appreciate it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A kind and thoughtful post! I'm honored to be part of the #monkeytribe with you. The initial empty nest years are a challenge, but we moms have met so many in the past, there's comfort in knowing we can do it. Doing it together makes it easier.

    Just know that as one who's been there, done that, the nest eventually stops echoing in the silence. And you slowly find pieces of yourself you thought you'd lost throughout the years. Good luck with the journey.

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a lovely post!

    I've been blogging for almost 6 years now (and I can't believe it, actually). The one thing that I thought was wonderful was actually having the opportunity to meet some of my blogging friends in real life - bloggers are real people, you can develop real friendships. Bloggers and their comments/ e:mails helped me through some very difficult moments in the last couple of years.

    I only wish I had more time to blog nowadays; but I am always happy to "meet" new bloggers such as yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blogging has opened up a whole new community for me, too, and it's truly been a life-enriching experience.

    Glad we're in the monkey tribe together!
    Jo

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking the time to comment! It makes me feel connected to everyone even though we may live far apart! Have a wonderful day!

 
Design by Imagination Designs
Illustration by MerryLittleDoodle
Background by CinnamonDove